my blog : because who has peas for a shrink?

25 Mar 2009

The Football Factory


What a killer picture.


I occasionally have a dig around ye ol' DVD collection and pull out a classic. The other night it was Nick Love's 'The Football Factory' [second half was picked up the next morning as I felt super tired]. Classic. One of Danny Dyer's best performances, and full of memorable scenes + script that you'll wanna quote forever. [See: Billy bright and the lads having a drink in the Stoke pub]

Yeah OK, some of the fonts and stuff used are a bit.....shitly designed but that's all part of the fun, ain't it! Also, as mentioned some of the scenes are mad crazzzzzy, and sooo hilarious. It's rawness and grittiness is one of the things I like about it. Not to mention for weeks after watching it I resort to the words 'mug' and 'c*nt' [what a filthy word!] when trying to express anger.

One of me favourite quotes:


"Are you tryna mug me off in front of my pals?" - Billy Bright to Zebedee

Anyway, not a film review...just a reminder of what a great film this is. However one my favourite films ever directed by Nick Love is 'The Business'. Absolute classic! Actually, I think I'll put that one out later. [should have saved this post for that film!]

No comments:

Post a Comment