my blog : because who has peas for a shrink?

19 Jan 2009

The Wrestler


This film had me sold on the poster. The rawness, colour and simplicity of the design is just amazing. Last night I attempted to see Seven Pounds, but because I was running on filipino time I arrived just in time to watch the Wrestler. Mickey Rourke is purely sick for this one. Acting was on point - furthermore, everything was on point. I liked loved it.

It was one of them ones that had everything. It was tragic, funny, glory [sort of], ok not everything but I'm definitely feeling this one. The story is on point, the edits were nice, and the right music was played at the right time. I particularly liked the way it ended. You know..... why it ended the way it did - and how; meaning the shots and all that. I'm not gonna go into it 'cos I don't want to spoil it, but it was the one.

I'm a big fan of indie films, and The Wrestler is definitely up there.

Aronofsky. "You crazy for this one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment