my blog : because who has peas for a shrink?

10 Dec 2008

S. Darko


Came across this as I was browsing IMDB(as you do). Reading news that the sequel to Donnie Darko was currently in production initially got me a bit hyped... but then I woke up, smelt the coffee and realised this is a big NO NO! 'DD' was the one! It filled me with joy, wonder and awe; it even managed to reach my top 10 favourite movies [still unsorted].

However, the impact of the cult phenomenon that is Donnie Darko cannot be replicated in a sequel, and I can almost guarantee it won't come close. Infact, I do. Not to mention the fact that director Richard Kelly isn't even involved with the sequel. It's a bit harsh but DD is a masterpiece by itself, it needs no sequel or prequel. Just leave it alone! S. Darko will probably tarnish the concept of DD for me, so as for watching that ish - I'm not too sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment